Our goulash soup
Whether it’s for a family meal, guests, or your next party, this classic, hearty soup is perfect for all occasions!
Ingredients for 4 people
200g beef (shoulder) cut into small cubes
100g onions cut into fine cubes
150g potatoes cut into fine cubes
1 tsp. tomato puree
100ml red wine
1½l meat broth or soup stock
2 dessert spoons flour
10g paprika, sweet
1 tsp. white wine vinegar
½ bay leaf
1 tsp. garlic, lemon peel, caraway, and marjoram mixed, freshly ground pepper, salt
Preparation (cooking time: 90 minutes)
- Fry the onions in hot oil until golden yellow.
- Add the tomato puree and briefly continue to fry.
- Then add the paprika. Deglaze with the white wine vinegar and the red wine.
- As soon as the red wine has completely boiled down, add the meat and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and leave the resulting fluids to boil down until a layer of fat appears.
- Sprinkle flour over the meat, stir in, pour over the meat broth, and leave the soup to simmer.
- After around ¾ of the cooking time, add the bay leaf and the potatoes, then leave the soup to finish cooking.
- Shortly before removing the soup from the heat, add the finely chopped goulash seasoning to taste.
Want even more exquisite cuisine? Then visit us at our hotel in Tyrol!